Every year, nearly 3000 children and teens die from gunfire, and nearly 14,000 are injured.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Video released of 14 year old Florida boy who shot his parents

Photo of Alex Crain from linked article
In 2010, a 14 year old Florida boy shot both of his parents to death. The police have now released a disturbing video of the boy exclaiming and yelling in the squad car after he was picked up. From the article:
A teenager who was sentenced to 20 years in prison for shooting dead both his parents regretted his actions immediately after and said he 'didn't even mean to hurt them'.
Alex Crain, now 15, from Naples, Florida, was arrested at his home in December 2010 for the slayings and has never spoken publicly or given any reason as to why he killed them.
Now a video has been released of a 14-year-old Crain sitting in the back of a police cruiser, wailing and crying to himself and shouting things like 'I swear I didn't mean to kill them', 'I'm sorry' and 'I didn't mean to hurt them'.
Crain's admissions, recorded on a dashboard camera tape, are the first - and only - insights into the former Palmetto Ridge High School student's state of mind after he shot his parents, Thomas and Kelly, in their bed in December 2010.
If you can stand to watch this video you will see a young boy who has no explanation for why he shot his parents crying and carrying on. More from the article:
In the video, Crain can be seen banging his head against the car window and shouting: 'I shouldn't have done it. What the f*** is wrong with me? I shot my own parents for no f***ing reason.'
He twice shouts at the police who are standing outside the vehicle before lying down and remaining silent for a prolonged period of time.
Crain is now serving his 20 year sentence and his parents are dead. One wonders where he got the gun in the first place? From this related article:
In a 911 tape obtained Monday by NBC-2, the then-14-year-old wails and tells a dispatcher he has no recollection of the shooting. He said he did not know where he got the weapon.
“I was sleeping and the next thing I know I had a gun in my hand and my parents were on the ground,” he said.
Every gun in the hands of a child or teen must first pass through the hands of an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Your comment will be posted after being approved.