Every year, nearly 3000 children and teens die from gunfire, and nearly 14,000 are injured.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

17-year old and young man injured in Virginia drive-by

A 17-year old girl and a young man were talking on the porch of a home in Chesapeake, Virginia, when a car with young men drove by and shot at them.  Both were injured.  Motive is unknown.

From an article:
Johnathan Neal was hit twice in his leg.
“We were on the porch just talking about shoes and listening to music.  The next thing you know, a car pulled up.  They didn’t even stop. They just rolled past and started shooting,” said Neal.
Neal had just gotten off his shift at an area restaurant where he works as a cook.
“I love to cook food for people.  I love working. I’m mad I can’t go to work today,” said Neal.
Now, he’s temporarily out of work, with medical bills and a one-year-old baby to support.
“Hopefully I can pull through.  Hopefully I can get some type of insurance to help with my medical bills, because I didn’t even sign up for my insurance yet. I was just about to sign up for my insurance.”
He had just started the job about a month and a half ago.
The other victim was a 17-year-old girl who asked not to be identified.  She was also shot in her leg.  The bullet is still lodged in her calf muscle.
She had just stepped outside for a few minutes when the men pulled up.
“They didn’t say nothing. They just took off.  That was the scary part about it. I have no idea who it was or who it could be,” she said.
Both of the victims were released from the hospital Wednesday morning and say they’re doing ok.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Your comment will be posted after being approved.