Every year, nearly 3000 children and teens die from gunfire, and nearly 14,000 are injured.

Monday, January 16, 2012

15-year old Memphis boy shot in head after a basketball game

A 15-year old boy was with a crowd of kids waiting to be picked up after a school basketball game. Someone then drove up and shot at the boy, hitting him in the head.

A mother and aunt of two other teens arrived on the scene and performed CPR on the boy. The woman had, last July, lost a nephew in another shooting.

"I heard about or five shots, I'm driving so fast, I was about to run into someone's truck trying to get to my daughter and niece to see where they at." said the mother.

She pulled up and saw the boy laying in the curb and the street.

It's a sight that hits close to home, last July, she says her 17 year old nephew was shot, a tragedy her family won't forget.

"My daughter and my niece jumped in the car, was like, 'mama, please don't drive off, please get out and see if he is alright.' I jumped out and did CPR on him until the paramedics came."

When medics arrived, they rushed the boy to the hospital. The woman is hoping he survives. and his family won't feel the pain she felt when her nephew was killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. Your comment will be posted after being approved.