Every year, nearly 3000 children and teens die from gunfire, and nearly 14,000 are injured.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

17-year old Houston girl commits suicide by gun after online warnings

Ashley Duncan, age 17
Ashley Duncan, age 17, had been depressed and making repeated threats to kill herself online, at Tumblr and Twitter. No one took the threats seriously, even after she tweeted, "Finally got a gun" and posted a picture of the gun.

From the article:

By all accounts, Duncan was a popular student at Bellaire High School. She played volleyball and interacted with hundreds of friends between her Twitter and Tumblr pages.
But there were hints that Duncan's life had taken a darker turn in recent posts on the social media sites.
"Life ain't worth the pain. if you know or have known what it feels like to want to die every minute second hour day week month year then you feel me…. I might not struggle financially but I struggle emotionally and mentally and I think that’s the worst struggle," Duncan wrote on Tumblr Sunday. "So in asking why can’t it be my choice to die now? … I’m miserable. One day I won’t be here anymore and that’ll be the happiest day of my life… I’m tired and I’m done with this life."
The same day she posted this ominous statement on Twitter: "It's like God is torturing me by keeping me here."
On Monday, the day she ended her life, Duncan tweeted: "Finally got a gun."
Later, she posted a picture of a revolver and wrote on Tumblr "I’m tired as f*** and ready for this s*** to be over and the s*** I’m referring to is my life! peace."
Friends at Bellaire High said they thought she was joking.
No information was released about where she got the loaded gun.

Every gun in the hands of a child must first pass through the hands of an adult.

1 comment:

  1. Now this situation is terrible to hear how this young lady gave her life just because something are somebody could'nt see the true fact's right before them... I hope in good faith she is happy now that it ended in a way that most kids these day's having the thought to do something like this would result in killing their selves first ....wow!!! Sad to hear !!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment. Your comment will be posted after being approved.